If you are considering taking on Criterium Racing on Sunday 24th July here are a few things to note...
The Southampton Sporterium will be taking place on Sunday 24th July 2022. With the ‘Spin City’ being based near the start line inside East Park, where you can take part in the exciting and interactive activities. To find out more about the event that most interests you click below!
A Criterium is a short-distance race, where riders compete around a lapped circuit to complete the most laps possible in a short amount of time.
*Please not Criterium Registrations will open early 2022*
The Southampton Crit will be a city centre based route around the two main city centre parks! This wide and fast track will make for some quick and exciting racing within a large pack.
Lap Length: 1.72km
- A quick, fast paced, short circuit which takes place around East Park and Palmerston Park. Please seethe diagram on the right for an exact route.
- The Race will all take place on tarmac ground so will be a smooth surface to ride on.
- All riders will get a practice/sight lap prior to the race. This will be ¾ of the circuit starting from CivicCentre Road.
- Awesome Finishers medal
- Fully Signed Route
- Chip timing
- Medical support
- Mechanical support - both stationary and roving
- City centre start and finish (easier access and facilities, with great views for your friends and family)
- Online results
- Helmet (you must have a helmet or you will not be allowed to participate)
- Drinks bottle
- Mobile phone (in case of emergencies)
- Basic tools / repair kit
- Spare inner tubes
- Bike pump
- Basic first aid kit
- Appropriate clothing for weather that day (think about temperature, covering up from the sun, or even high visibility clothes and lights for if foggy / rainy)
Please note - categories will be announced early 2022.