If you are considering taking on the 100km ride on 4th September, here are a few things that you might like to know!
The day will be full of two wheel themed activities with the main events being two sportive’s and a set of criterium races.
The inaugural Southampton Sporterium will be taking place on the Saturday 4th September 2021. With the ‘Spin City’ being based near the start line inside East Park, where you can take part in the exciting and interactive activities.To find out more about the event that most interests you click below!
The short Sportive is the shorter of the two routes, designed for people who are taking on their first Sportive or would just like a shorter ride.The route will start in the Southampton city centre near the Guildhall, and take riders through the beautiful surrounding countryside of Fair Oak, Shawford, Braishfield and Romsey before finishing back in the heart of Southampton.
Elevation Gain: 715m
*Routes subject to change. Click on the map to Export GPX route.Start times for the Short Sportive are between 09:00 – 09:45 (your individual wave will be confirmed closer to the event date). Entry at £35 for the 60km Short Sportive.
The standard sportive is the longest distance on offer for this event with the route measured at just over 100KM!This scenic course begins in the Southampton city centre, and will see riders travelling through the beautiful surrounding countryside heading north of Winchester, through New Alresford and across to Stockbridge before coming back down towards Southampton through Romsey!
Elevation Gain: 987m
*Routes subject to change. Click on the map to Export GPX route.Start times for the Standard Sportive are between 08:00 – 08:45 (your individual wave will be confirmed closer to the event date).Entry at £40 for the 100km Standard Sportive.
- The 100km is NOT IMPOSSIBLE – with some hard work and a basic level of fitness, you will be able to complete the 100km ride with just a few training rides!
- You will have support around the route from mechanics and with lots of feed stations!
- To take part in the 100km Sportive, you do not need to be an expert at finding your way around a route as we will have signs and marshals in place to guide you around the spectacular route we have for you!
- This is NOT a race, you have a long time to complete the ride and there will not be a first placed rider, so enjoy your day out!
- Awesome Finishers medal
- Feed stations around the course
- Fully Signed Route
- Chip timing
- Medical support
- Mechanical support - both stationary and roving
- City centre start and finish (easier access and facilities, with great views for your friends and family)
- Online results
- Helmet (you must have a helmet or you will not be allowed to participate)
- Drinks bottle
- Mobile phone (in case of emergencies)
- Basic tools / repair kit
- Spare inner tubes
- Bike pump
- Basic first aid kit
- Appropriate clothing for weather that day (think about temperature, covering up from the sun, or even high visibility clothes and lights for if foggy / rainy)
- Face mask for arrival at the venue and navigating round feed stations